This zone belongs to the institutional space of the archbishop’s palace. It includes this floor created in the extension promoted by Archbishop Hernando of Aragon in the 16th century. The whole buildings which were annexed over the centuries since the conquest of Zaragoza in 1118 were regularized with this extension.
This room is the Throne Hall anteroom which displays an official gallery of idealized portraits of Bishops of Zaragoza in the upper zone of its walls, made by Aragonese painter Pablo Rabiella y Díez de Aux. The individual portraits of the first Archbishops of Zaragoza are contemplated above the door which gives access to the walkway.