This room belongs to the Gothic-Mudejar palace from the 14th century. In that time, the Pope Juan XXII raised the bishopric to archbishopric, concretely in 14th June 1318, making bishoprics of Jaca, Huesca, Tarazona, Pamplona, Albarracín and Calahorra would dependant on archbishopric of Zaragoza. From that moment, archbishops started leading the coronation of the Kings of Aragon in La Seo of Zaragoza, the bishop’s see. First archbishop of was Pedro López de Luna.
Rooms in this floor introduce us into the palace of the Kings of Aragon rooms, allowing us to see remains from different periods in which this palace served as residence for prelate and for royal family when they visited Zaragoza.